Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 15 mins Yields 14
Healthy breakfast cookies with hemp hearts (seeded hemp) and shredded coconut flakes are nutritious portable breakfast cookies for on the go!
• 1/3 cup hemp seeds
• 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
• 3 large eggs
• 1/4 cup coconut flour
• 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter (melted and cooled) or olive oil
• 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice* (or mixed spice)
• 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
• dash himalayan salt
• 1/4 cup sugar alternative (such as Swerve, Sugar 2.0)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. In a small bowl mix the coconut oil and eggs. Add to the dry ingredients. Let sit 5 minutes while flour absorbs the liquid.
4. Form each cookie (tbs) dough in the shape (width and height) to your preference. Sprinkle with additional walnut pieces and coconut (optional). Bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe by Sandra Shaffer (thefoodieaffair.com)
* Pumpkin pie spice is an American spice mix commonly used as an ingredient in pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie spice is similar to the British and Commonwealth mixed spice (a.k.a. pudding spice) which is what I used. It is generally a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice. It can also be used as a seasoning in general cooking.
Per cookie, 96 calories, 5.2 g carbohydrates, 2.5 g protein
Related Articles: https://recipeketo.com/breakfast/